HOSANNA ASSEMBLY OF GOD IS A 21st CENTURY APOSTOLIC CHURCHPOWERED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT FOR GLOBAL IMPACT MINISTRY
5 Mission Purpose
Worship Thru Relationship: Hosanna Church believes the worship of God starts with a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord. It is out of this relationship with Christ, believers assemble together for Spirit led worship to exalt Jesus Christ as Lord. Christ as Lord releases his presence through the Holy Spirit in anointed praise and worship, operation of spiritual gifts, and anointed preaching of the Word of God which transforms God’s people through the Spirit to live a life that glorifies God.
Discipleship Thru Teaching: Hosanna Church seeks to fulfill Christ’s command to make disciples of all nations by establishing a discipleship process whereby people are establish on a solid foundation of biblical spiritual formation through the new birth, baptism in water, baptism in the Holy Spirit, operation in spiritual gifts, and age related teaching of the Word of God in large and small groups by gifted teachers across the lifespan.
Ministry Thru Service: Hosanna Church believes God has given Apostolic leaders to the church to mature and equip God’s people to do the work of the ministry. This is best accomplished in a team approach to ministry by every member joining a ministry team, using their spiritual gifts to build up the Body of Christ, and mentoring a new generation of ministry leader and workers.
Fellowship Thru Community: Hosanna Church is a community of believers of like faith who are in covenant relationship with one another in a common bond of fellowship in Jesus Christ where relationships are formed and nurtured.
Evangelism Thru Outreach: Hosanna Church seeks to fulfill Christ’s global mission on earth by making His mission our mission. We do this by being Global Christians going into all the world to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ. As the people of God go into all the world, the Lord Jesus Christ through the power of the Holy Spirit, confirms the Gospel message with miracles for power evangelism and mission effectiveness. Hoanna Church seeks to emphasize believers to be baptized in the Holy Spirit with Kingdom Power and to operate in the Spiritual gifts to do the greater works ministry of Jesus Christ in the 21st century.
Hosanna Church Values
1. CELEBRATION: Cultivate a heart attitude of joy, praise, and thanksgiving in individual and corporate gatherings of God’s people.
2. FOCUS LIVING: Cultivate a relationship with Jesus Christ that leads to a lifestyle of living life daily with kingdom purpose that glorifies God.
3. RELATIONSHIPS: A caring and healing community of believers who are in covenant relationship with one another.
4. GLOBAL EVANGELISM: Mobilizing believers to fulfill the great commission of evangelizing a multi-ethnic world with the Gospel of Jesus Christ through the Power of the Holy Spirit.
5. EQUIPPING: To equip and release believers to fulfill their ministry by using their spiritual gifts to build up the body of Christ, and mentoring a new generation of ministry leaders.
6. SPIRITUAL FORMATION: Cultivate and strengthen the spiritual growth of individuals, marriages, and families across the lifespan through age related bible teaching.
7. PRAYER UNLIMITED: Releasing the Kingdom power of God on earth through individual and corporate prayers of the Church.
8. SUPERNATURAL: Cultivate the reception of the Baptism of the Holy Spirit and the operation of spiritual gifts to be released and experience in and through God’s people in worship, discipleship, fellowship, ministry, and outreach.
9. DIVERSITY: Incorporate the unique diverse strengths of each believer’s Ethnicity, Culture, Language, Personality, and Spiritual Gifts for reaching a multi-ethnic world and forming a multi-cultural community of believers.
10. INCLUSIVE: Develop a networking relationship with area Churches, Para-church ministries for cooperative ministry in reaching San Antonio and the World for Christ.
11. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT: Make a difference in the community by contributing to the development and transformation of the people of San Antonio and the World in regard to community outreach, community services, community renewal, economic development, and spiritual renewal.
12. MINISTRY TEAMS: Doing the work of God through gathering, uniting, developing, and releasing the people of God to work together in a team approach to ministry.
13. CHURCH PLANTING: Hosanna seeks to plant Multi-site Mission Churches in San Antonio and Global mission works in the world.
14. SERVANT LEADERSHIP: Raising up Developing, and Releasing Church ministry leaders to lead and build up the Body of Christ, and mentoring a new generation of ministry leaders.
Hosanna Church Doctrine:
These are nonnegotiable tenets of faith that all Assemblies of God churches adhere to. This list is derived from the official Statement of Fundamental Truths.
1.WE BELIEVE…The Scriptures are Inspired by God and declare His design and plan for mankind.
2.WE BELIEVE…There is only One True God – revealed in three persons…Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (commonly known as the Trinity).
3.WE BELIEVE…In the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ. As God’s son Jesus was both human and divine.
4.WE BELIEVE…though originally good, Man Willingly Fell to Sin – ushering evil and death, both physical and spiritual, into the world.
5.WE BELIEVE…Every Person Can Have Restored Fellowship with God Through ‘Salvation’ (trusting Christ, through faith and repentance, to be our personal Savior). [1 of 4 cardinal doctrines of the AG]
6.WE BELIEVE…and practice two ordinances—(1) Water Baptism by Immersion after repenting of one’s sins and receiving Christ’s gift of salvation, and (2) Holy Communion (the Lord’s Supper) as a symbolic remembrance of Christ’s suffering and death for our salvation.
7.WE BELIEVE…the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is a Special Experience Following Salvation that empowers believers for witnessing and effective service, just as it did in New Testament times. [1 of 4 cardinal doctrines of the AG]
8.WE BELIEVE… The Initial Physical Evidence of the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is ‘Speaking in Tongues,’ as experienced on the Day of Pentecost and referenced throughout Acts and the Epistles.
9.WE BELIEVE…Sanctification Initially Occurs at Salvation and is not only a declaration that a believer is holy, but also a progressive lifelong process of separating from evil as believers continually draw closer to God and become more Christ-like.
10.WE BELIEVE…The Church has a Mission to seek and save all who are lost in sin. We believe ‘the Church’ is the Body of Christ and consists of the people who, throughout time, have accepted God’s offer of redemption (regardless of religious denomination) through the sacrificial death of His son Jesus Christ.
11.WE BELIEVE…A Divinely Called and Scripturally Ordained Leadership Ministry Serves the Church. The Bible teaches that each of us under leadership must commit ourselves to reach others for Christ, to worship Him with other believers, to build up or edify the body of believers–the Church and to Meet human need with ministries of love and compassion.
12.WE BELIEVE…Divine Healing of the Sick is a Privilege for Christians today and is provided for in Christ’s atonement (His sacrificial death on the cross for our sins). [1 of 4 cardinal doctrines of the AG]
13.WE BELIEVE…in The Blessed Hope—When Jesus Raptures His Church Prior to His Return to Earth (the second coming). At this future moment in time all believers who have died will rise from their graves and will meet the Lord in the air, and Christians who are alive will be caught up with them, to be with the Lord forever. [1 of 4 cardinal doctrines of the AG]
14.WE BELIEVE…in The Millennial Reign of Christ when Jesus returns with His saints at His second coming and begins His benevolent rule over earth for 1,000 years. This millennial reign will bring the salvation of national Israel and the establishment of universal peace.
15.WE BELIEVE…A Final Judgment Will Take Place for those who have rejected Christ. They will be judged for their sin and consigned to eternal punishment in a punishing lake of fire.
16.WE BELIEVE…and look forward to the perfect New Heavens and a New Earth that Christ is preparing for all people, of all time, who have accepted Him. We will live and dwell with Him there forever following His millennial reign on Earth. ‘And so shall we forever be with the Lord!’
Our Position in the Christian Community
Currently the Assemblies of God USA and Assemblies of God organizations around the world make up the world’s largest Pentecostal denomination with some 51 million members and adherents. Hosanna Church is affiliated with this Fellowship.
The Assemblies of God is a Protestant fellowship. We believe each person may commune directly with God based on Jesus’ death on the cross and resurrection. This provides a personal and meaningful relationship with Him. While we are less formal in our worship to God than many protestant denominations, the Assemblies of God is very similar in faith, with the exception of its Pentecostal doctrine (Hebrews 4:14-16; 6:20; Ephesians 2:18).
Like most Christian groups the Assemblies of God believes God exists in three persons — the Father, Son (Jesus), and Holy Spirit. We believe all three are alive and at work today. We also believe this God of three persons is the one and only true God (Matthew 28:9; Luke 3:22; 2 Corinthians 13:14).
The Assemblies of God is notably classified as Evangelical. The church is distinguished as such because it places high priority on the inspiration of Scripture and its mission to bring the lost to a saving knowledge and relationship with Jesus Christ.
The most definitive identification of the Assemblies of God is Pentecostal. The Fellowship remains a full gospel church—one where the fullness of the Holy Spirit is welcomed, nurtured, and taught. This includes speaking in tongues as the initial physical evidence of the Baptism in the Holy Spirit. Other manifestations of the Holy Spirit embraced by the church include: messages in tongues with interpretations, prophecies, word of knowledge, and the complete offering of the gifts and fruit of the Holy Spirit as indicated in the Bible. Among Pentecostal churches—the Assemblies of God is the largest worldwide with over 52 million constituents.